The Theta V is lightweight 360 Degree spherical camera, it’s easy to use and compact enough to carry everywhere. Enhancements including a new image sensor and Processor for improved image quality Allow the camera to produce more realistic “as-if-you-were-there” 360-degree content. The camera’s new high-speed data transfer is 2.5 times faster than previous Theta models, allowing users to quickly and wirelessly upload 14 Megapixel stills and high-resolution 4K videos for immediate showing and sharing. Omni-directional audio recording functionality enables 360-degree audio that is a strong complement to the high-resolution video, dramatically enhancing the realism of a scene. The Theta V can connect to and be controlled by any Android or iOS-based smartphone or tablet using the Theta S app. Connection is either via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)-which enables an “always-on” connection between a camera and phone-or Wi-Fi, providing users with greater flexibility in how they wirelessly control the camera.
Camera Type: 4K UHD
Battery life: more than 2 hours
Compatible operating system: Android and IOS
Dimension: 4.5×13.1×2.3 cm
Connectivity: USB Micro-B, Microphone, Bluetooth.
- Ricoh’s excellent optical design and an advanced image processing device “SnapDragon”, gives you high image quality and superb stitching all in a compact design. You can enjoy beautiful 360° images and videos on smartphones, computers, and TVs with a simple operation.
- The Theta can connect to most IOS and Android smartphones. You can easily share your 360° images and videos with your friends. A true VR experience.
- Using official apps allows users to edit photos and videos freely. You can also easily share edited images and videos on your social media.
- In addition to the conventional “slant top/bottom correction,” the gyro sensor detects slight movements when a video is recorded, generating a 360° video that is less blurred and smooth. 360° videos can be easily be created by handheld shooting or using a selfie stick.
- No removable storage.
- Too many separate applications.
- It is quite expensive.
The Ricoh Theta V is a pretty good 360-degree camera for everyday users. Its design makes it more pocketable than many other competing devices.