Philips 75PUS6754/12 is a smart TV that offers an excellent viewing experience for avid TV show watchers. Its features, such as the Ambilight technology and Dolby Vision compatibility, set it apart from other TVs on the market.
In addition, this model features a sleek design with a slim bezel which helps create a more immersive feel to your living room or bedroom.
This article will outline the specifications, benefits, downsides of owning a Philips TV 75PUS6754, and why choosing a newer alternative is recommended.
- 4K Ultra HD: Yes
- HDR: Yes
- BBC iPlayer: Yes
- Pixel Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Scart Sockets: No
- Speakers: Yes
- Unique image processing sets Philips apart from its rivals. Pixel Precise Ultra HD provides smooth motion and a life-like image range.
- Micro dimming analyses the image through thousands of zones and changes it accordingly. This maximizes the contrast between life-like images and reality.
- The HDR10 + provides scene-by-scene HDR mastering for the most accurate, most reliable HDR image processing to date.
- Each scene is optimized, ensuring that the total amount of detail is seen – even in the brightest or darkest moments.
- The 75PUS6754 is also supported by standard HDR10 and HLG formats. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma HDR) is a regular broadcast and user-generated format that is set to become common for 4K signal transmission.
- The 75PUS6754 is also compliant with Dolby Vision – the world’s leading Hollywood and movie format.
- Dolby Vision also changes the image to take full advantage of each display’s characteristics.
- The sound is not as good as external audio.
The main drawback of this model is that it features a VA panel which in most cases gives a poor viewing experience for gamers. We generally recommend TV models that feature an IPS panel when playing video games.
People with a lot of direct sunlight coming into their living room will also find the glossy frame and lens to be a problem as they reflect light from the ambient light in the room.
The screen surface of this TV is also prone to image retention and the people who watch TV with a lot of static images (stock ticker, news channels) will find that they might face burn-in after prolonged usage. The older variants like 75PUS6753/12 or 75PUS7303 /12 were great TVs as well, but the newer version like 75PUS6754/12 does come with a few enhanced features that make it slightly better than the older versions.
The best alternative we recommend for this TV in 2021 is Philips Ambilight 75PUS7855/12 75-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Perfect Picture Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR 10+, Alexa Built-In, Freeview Play, Saphi Smart TV) because it features an IPS panel and is a great 4K UHD LED TV for gamers too.
The new Philips Ambilight TV is the perfect addition to your home entertainment system. Experience movies and television like never before with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR10+ and one-button access to a clear icon-based menu.
You can also enjoy Netflix, or Prime Video on this 4K UHD LED TV for rich colour, beautiful detail and smooth motion.