The industry’s smallest and lightest 4K 60p camcorder in a compact body packs a remarkable optical performance and pro functions into this active handheld, camcorder with an integrated lens capable of 4K 60p recording.
If you’re shooting behind the scenes (BTS) in HD and would like to add 4K to your repertoire, the Panasonic HC-X1500 UHD 4K/Full HD Camcorder can help balance your needs or allow you to jump straight to 4K.
Compact and lightweight for a director or on-set BTS, the X1500 shoots and records UHD 4K at broadcast-compatible frame rates, so it fits smoothly into your existing broadcast workflow.
The X1500 features a 1/2.5″ 8.29M MOS sensor that is always shooting at 4K resolution, the Venus processing engine to scale the 4K image for Full HD delivery, and an HDMI output. Audio is recorded in up to 24-bit PCM via the built-in microphone.
- Camera Type: 4K Ultra High Definition.
- Resolution: 3840×2160
- Battery life: 24 hours
- Compatible Operating system: Windows, Mac
- Dimension: 25.7×12.9×9.3 cm
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB, Headphone jack.
- The lens covers the range from 25mm wide-angle to 600mm tele with a 24x zoom. iZOOM achieves 32x zoom with 4K resolution and 48x zoom with FHD. 35mm camera equivalent.
- Two Manual Rings are provided for focusing and zoom/iris operation. The ease of use is improved by using different-sized rings in the front and rear so that the fingers can distinguish them.
- In both UHD/FHD modes and Optical Image Stabilization, Electronic Image Stabilization detects and corrects handshakes in the 5-axis direction.
- Face Detection captures subjects free from out-of-focus and exposure problems. Color recognition improves tracking when faces move to either side.
- While excelling in mobility and portability, the compact body considers the weight balance of the advanced functions when shooting.
- It is quite expensive.
- With wide angles, the picture is blurred on the side.
Do more with Panasonic HC-X1500E. It is highly sophisticated to handle big recording projects, like movie-making. Although it comes with its troubles, it can be managed.