Gamers can look at HP’s flagship product, the HP Omen 17-cb1002na, for a smooth and uninterrupted gaming experience. A sturdy laptop, coupled with the full strength of NVIDIA graphics, packs many useful features. We review the important specifications, benefits, and downsides to this model below before giving our verdict.
Processor: Intel Core i7-10750H, six-core, with a base speed of 2.6 GHz that goes up to 5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
Memory: 16 GB DDR-4 RAM
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen: 17.3 inches
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce 2070 Super (8 GB RAM)
– The NVIDIA GPU fused with a G-Sync display is rare, even on expensive models, and is ideal for fast-paced gaming.
– A 17.3 inches full HD display, backlit screen, anti-glare, and in-plane Switching technology provide a comfortable viewing experience.
– Excellent picture quality offering high brightness and great colors. Gamers will find the anti-glare surface and wide-angles to their liking
– Sturdy build, gaming macro-keys, and Thunderbolt 3 port sets it apart
– A behemoth at 3.23 kg, the HP Omen is one of the heaviest in its class. The thermally demanding components employ a large space to dissipate the heat.
– The noisy cooling fans are bothersome to those who like a quiet working environment but do not bother gamers accustomed to large sounds.
– HP offers per-key backlighting in cheaper models than the Omen, the missing of which is a disappointment for many.
– The device cannot stay away for too long from the power outlet, even with a large battery of 70 Wh due to the graphics unit’s power consumption.
The HP Omen 17-cb1002na is a strong performing gaming laptop with an attractive design. Although a little noisy to tolerate, it is a model that offers value to gaming enthusiasts.