The HP Chromebook x360 isn’t a relatively well-known laptop and not something that is purchasable these days. But, if you’re looking for a secondary device with just enough processing power at an affordable price, the x360 may be a great buy.
Because the HP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0004na is an old model, we recommend four newer variants available now on the market:
- Acer Chromebook Spin 713 CP713-3W
- Acer Chromebook Spin 514 CP514-1H
- Laptop Tablet TECLAST X4 11.6 Inch 2 in 1 Touchscreen
- LincPlus P1 13.3″ Laptop with Windows 10 S, Full HD IPS Notebook
- Processor: Intel Pentium Silver N5000
- Memory: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB eMMC
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 605
- Display Size: 14″
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- The laptop comes with a 47 Wh Li-ion battery.
- Usually, this battery is barely enough to squeeze a couple of hours of performance. But, in our case, the 47 Wh battery is running some pretty basic hardware.
- The specs are so energy efficient that the battery can last around 12 hours on average usage.
- This battery time owes a favour to the Pentium N5000 processor. It only needs 6W of energy and is about 60% more energy-efficient than a typical 8th generation Core i5 processor.
- You’re usually just getting a very basic 720p screen in this budget. But HP has loaded the x360 with a 1920 x 1080 IPS anti-glare touchscreen display.
- So, massive points for the x360 in the screen department.
- There’s not nearly enough hard drive space on this laptop. It doesn’t even use a hard drive.
- You’re just getting a regular memory card that’s soldered on the motherboard, and its only 64 gigs in size. This is a huge letdown, and you’re definitely going to need external storage to make the laptop usable.
- The Intel 605 integrated GPU pretty much means that you’re not going to be doing any sort of gaming on this laptop.
- You’re getting dual Type-C USB 3.1 ports and a single USB 3.1 Type-A port. That’s really good. But what uses is the extremely fast signalling rate when 64 gigs are all the space you have.
- Doesn’t have a touch screen
It has already been established that this laptop is used for only a specific set of people with particular requirements. You’re not getting a lot of hardware to work with, and if you feel that the laptop will be underperforming for your needs, you’re probably right.
It’s a good machine for the price, but we’d still suggest throwing in a couple of hundred bucks and buying something with at least an SSD and a more powerful processor.
These are 4 better alternatives for HP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0004na :