Fun fact, it seems like this year, ASUS will be selling a lot of new gaming notebooks. Like the ASUS ROG STRIX G17 (G712), an extended variant of the smaller version of the G512.
The G712 comes with a wide 17.3′′ screen. There are two-panel options – 120 Hz and 144 Hz; a total of 240 Hz display with a response time of 3ms could also be expected. So, even the basic model isn’t that basic with a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
Like the smaller version, the larger sibling comes with Intel Comet Lake-H CPUs with up to 8 cores and 16 threads. You can expect 5GHz boost clocks (that’s a single-core boost), a broad 45W TDP, and up to 12 MB cache capacity.
Asus ROG Strix G712 G712LW-EV010T Laptop Specifications
- Colour: Black
- Standing screen display size: 17.3 inches
- Resolution: 1080p Full HD pixels
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
- Processor Count: 6
- RAM Size: 16 GB
- The ROG Strix 17 embraces streamlined architecture, providing a tremendous core experience for serious gaming and multitasking on Windows 10.
- Featuring the new 10th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU and GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GPU, it offers high FPS power that takes full advantage of a powerful 144Hz flash display.
- Intelligent cooling technologies such as liquid metal take output to a new level
- Space for a third SSD ensures that you can expand your capacity to take your entire collection of games everywhere you go.
- Built with gamers in mind, the RGB keyboard features spaced function keys for intuitive identification and dedicated hotkeys for quick access to key commands.
- Considerably expensive
Play at the pace of professional sports with an ultra-fast gaming screen up to 240Hz/3ms. The fast-burning 240Hz refresh rate allows a true high-FPS experience that makes the fast-paced gameplay flow impeccably smooth.
The 3ms grey-to-grey reaction time minimizes motion blur, making you better and more precise images for fast-moving targets. Get a grip on combat where rapid action and environmental consciousness are key to victory.