The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 SM-R840 F-R840NZSAEUB has a chronograph style and is slightly more rugged than the 41 mm model. However, it also has softer style features for a less aggressively sporty look. Weighs 53 grammes (0.12 pounds) and is 11 mm (0.43 inches) thick. The roundness of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 SM-R840 F-R840NZSAEUB makes it less noticeable that you’re wearing a smartwatch. The 1.4-inch Super AMOLED screen has a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels and is bright and very colourful.
Resolution: 360 x 360 pixels
- Made of stainless steel, the Galaxy Watch 3 features Gorilla Glass DX over the screen and what looks like a glass case back as well.
- Two buttons are divided by a guard piece on the right side of the case, the top one for a step back in the menu, and the bottom one for the app menu. A long press of the top button triggers Samsung Pay, and a long press of the bottom button prompts the Bixby Voice Assistant.
- Haptics is powerful and visible, but you need to lift your wrist noticeably to make the message appear on the phone, which can be distracting. You can deal with notifications by using a canned reply or an emoji, a voice or a small alphanumeric keyboard.
- The keyboard is a little bit fiddly.
- The shortage of Mobile apps is a hassle, with Google Maps being the one you’re going to miss the most.
- There’s no map option pre-installed on the Galaxy Watch 3. A good Maps app is available in the Galaxy Store, but Google Maps is not available.
Here’s our verdict: You will enjoy the neatly dampened rotational movement and the gentle clicks as it moves in a different position. The software answer is also hyper-fast, so you can turn it in diverse ways without the watch getting bogged down.