Specs at a glance
Processor: Intel Celeron N4000, 1.1GHz – 2.6GHz
Memory: 4GB LPDDR4
Screen: 11.6″ HD
Operating System: Chrome OS
Chromebooks are most notable for their impressive battery life as well as their comfortable keyboards. Made specifically for productivity tasks, it would be wrong to judge this device based on its seemingly low specifications.
- Compact and portable design. It is hard to complain about the ergonomic design of the Chromebook. It is pleasing on the eyes and lightweight enough to carry around.
- Convertible form. You can use it as a laptop and as a tablet. The foldable hinges make it easy to turn it to either configuration quite easily.
- The strong battery. The Lenovo Chromebook C340 has an impressive battery that seems to never run out. It should get you through any day regardless of what you do with it.
- You get four USB outlets and a memory card slot. That is more than what you get on some laptops.
We Don’t Like
- The battery might be impressive, but the processor isn’t. It has to be said. Intel Celeron feels sluggish, more so on this device. The low 1.1GHz frequency does not do it any favors. However, it can be overclocked to 2.6GHz but, that might be asking too much of the Chromebook.
- The display is smallish and dull. The screen resolution is not one of its strong suits. It is dull, low, and just about manageable.
Despite the small and low-resolution screen, and the slow processor, the compact design and useful keyboard make this a good option for people who only need something for productivity tasks.