Take your first step into DSLR photography and start telling your stories with the EOS 2000D and EF-S 18-55mm IS II compact zoom lens. This easy-to-use, intuitive camera is suited to beginners. The Photo Companion app offers top tips and tutorials on how to get the best from your camera features, including beautiful photos and cinematic Full HD movies packed with detail, color, and depth, plus an excellent low light performance from a 24.1 Megapixel sensor and general-purpose zoom lens. Sharing to social media and remote shooting is straightforward when using the Canon Camera Connect app; simply connect via Wi-Fi or NFC.
Focal length: 18
Max video resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, USB, HDMI
Weight: 2.26 kg
- Get easy-to-follow guidance with the in-camera feature guide and downloadable Photo Companion app (Android and iOS)
- Shoot detailed images into the night with a large 24.1 Megapixel sensor, with up to 19x more surface area than many smartphones.
- See the world through the optical viewfinder and experience the power of interchangeable lenses.
- Expand your shooting options with an extensive range of interchangeable lenses and accessories.
- Enjoy shooting from wide-angle to the short telephoto range with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens.
- Take fun-filled selfies and unique images from unusual angles with easy remote control
- Enjoy fast Auto Focus and full resolution shooting at 3.0 fps – just point and shoot for impressive results
- Take memorable pictures at night with an ISO sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400 (expandable to ISO 12,800)
- Easily connect to compatible smartphones with a tap thanks to NFC
- Disappointing ISO range, with poor noise control
- Only 3fps continuous shooting
- Lacks auto-HDR shooting
- Slow live view focusing
- Chromatic aberrations
This beginner DSLR is a decent option for a first-time buyer but is far from the only, or best, market model.