This tablet computer is one for the whole family, with a simple touch of a button, you can turn to Kids Home, convert your Galaxy Tab A into a truly child-friendly tablet-safe in the knowledge that your settings, documents, and images are secure. What’s in the box: Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Launcher, User Manual.
Standing screen display size: 10.1 Inches
Resolution: 1200 x 1920 Pixels
Processor Brand: Samsung
Processor Type: None
Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
Processor Count: 8
RAM Size: 2 GB
Memory Technology: DDR3
Maximum Memory Supported: 2 GB
Hard Drive Size: 32 GB
- Samsung’s choice of materials for the design is incredible. The back is mainly made of unspecified metal, with a plastic top strip containing the camera and the antennae. Samsung coated the panel in Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and added a plastic lip for additional scratch protection.
- It features a 32 GB of eMMC flash storage, but it can be expanded with a microSD card if you need more space. You can allow this function in Developer Options, which you must also unhide by pressing the build number several times in settings.
- It features a USB 2.0 Type-C port that allows you to connect peripherals including a keyboard and a mouse with USB On-The-Go (OTG) support. However, the Type-C port can also be used for audio output, but there is a 3.5 mm headphone jack for audio output.
- The LED lights are shown in an uneven way
- The device supports all modern file systems, but cannot store applications or data on expandable storage by default
One of the best-selling points of Tab A 10.1 is Kids Home, which helps parents to restrict what features their children can see and use. The mode can be disabled quickly and easily through the quick start menu. Parents can secure Kids Home with a PIN to prevent children from accessing a standard launcher and selecting devices. However, you must enter the parent PIN when switching between child profiles. In the same way, only parents can access software and games.