With an aura of elegance and sublimity, the 12-inch Galaxy Book offers its users optimal functionality, versatility and mobility proportionately blended to meet your complex needs. With a powerful processor and long lasting battery, the classy detachable 2-in-1 notebook continues to wow. Below, we will review its features while exploring its high points and shortcomings.
- Product Dimension (D×W×H): 29.13×19.98×0.74cm
- Product Type: Tablet – with detachable keyboard
- Screen: 12 inches (30.48cm) OLED Touchscreen
- Display Resolution: 2160×1440
- Processor Model and cores: Intel Core i5 7200U (7th Generation)
- Processor Frequency: 2.5 GHz Dual-core
- Memory (RAM): 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Graphics: Intel Iris Plus 650
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Battery Average Run Time: 11 Hours
- Light and compact build. Weighing 1.18kg and measuring 0.74cm thick, the 12-inch Galaxy Book 12 is not a heavy laptop to lug around. Being so slim and light, this Galaxy Book can be taken anywhere, from the office, to lectures, business trips etc.
- Energetic Performance. Equipped with an Intel core i5-7200U CPU and 4GB of RAM, the Galaxy Book allows for extensive multi-tasking of applications without stutter. In similar fashion, the Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU in this notebook sends some thrill down the spine of gamers with modest expectations.
- Resplendent Display. With its 2160×1440px super AMOLED display, all content is brilliantly brought to life on this screen. The screen produces some of the most detailed and clear images to be seen in any 2-in-1 notebook.
- Audio short of bass. This Galaxy Book’s speakers are loud enough to be heard in a medium-sized conference room. However, while vocals and higher octave sounds come through clearly, the bass is tellingly deficient.
- Mediocre battery life. Samsung claims that this laptop can endure 11 hours of average use, which is not quite the case in daily use. The notebook hit 6 hours and 38 minutes while surfing the net over Wi-Fi and six hours, 32 minutes over LTE. These figures are below the 8 hours, 20 minutes average for ultraportables. However, as a plus, this model supports Samsung’s Adaptive Fast Charging, which as claimed by the manufacturers themselves can fully charge the Galaxy Book in less than 3 hours.
The 12-inch Samsung Galaxy Book features a bright display, powerful processors and a sizeable storage volume of 256 SSD. All of these components lifts your laptop experience without compromising on efficiency. However, it’s below par battery and audio imperfections leave a blemish on the laptop’s quality. Overall, the Galaxy Book 12-inch display is not quite exciting for its price of £1,439 on Amazon.