Gaming laptops are continuing to push the boundaries of modern tech and Razer are hoping that the Blade 15 W42 can do just that. To do this, they have included a 6-core i7 processor generating 16GB of memory and 512GB of storage space. This is boosted by the inclusion of the powerful Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU package and supplemented by a 15in OLED display which is capable of supporting 4k resolution.
Processor: intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB of RAM
Display: 15in 4k OLED
Other Features: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU
- With the ability to support 4k resolution as well as having an OLED display, it is not surprising that the W42 has an incredible picture. All the colours look vividly clear and showcase all the finer details included on games and films.
- The inclusion of the RTX 2080 GPU processor means that the W42 can handle all types of game and content without overheating or any frame rate issues.
- Razer has included a host of different ports to help support external peripherals and devices. The W42 has no less than 4 USB ports and has a Thunderbolt 3 port making it user friendly for a host of different setups.
- For a laptop that boasts powerful gaming specs, the limit of 512GB storage space limits the user to only a couple of large games on their system. It means that if you have lots of powerful games, you might want to consider investing in some external HDD.
- It comes with a steep price tag and it is possible to find similar machines with more storage for a similar price making it a tough sell to keen gamers.
With an excellent display and hardware, the Razer Blade W42 certainly has the potential to appeal to many gamers but the lack of large storage space may raise more questions than answers.