An entry-level gaming laptop, the MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXR-426 9S7-16R412-426, fits most gaming enthusiasts’ budget. Devoid of screen flickering, this laptop delivers a power-packed performance with its carefully selected components. We review the important specifications, benefits, and downsides to this model below before giving our verdict.
Processor: Intel Core i5-10300H, Quad-core, with a base speed of 2.5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB DDR4 SD RAM
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 inches
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1650
– The 15.6-inch screen size, with full HD display and thin bezels, provides a comfortable viewing experience.
– The dedicated thermal solutions for both the CPU and the GPU minimize the heat in the compact chassis. The laptop remains cool and works in a nice, quiet way.
– The GeForce Graphics Unit is a supercharger for modern gaming, including popular, fast games. Users will experience better gaming with the award-winning NVIDIA Turing architecture-based GTX 1650.
– The Steelseries silver-lining printing keyboard in intense red with backlighting is a major attraction for gaming enthusiasts.
– The 256 GB disk storage appears insufficient for today’s applications. It would have been better to expand the graphics memory to at least 8 GB rather than 4 GB.
– The battery power of 51 Wh and an average life of 7 hours means plugging the power-cord frequently in the outlet when used with high-resolution graphics.
– The maximum supported memory of 8 GB is standard, even for non-gaming laptops. For a gaming laptop, users expect much more memory.
– The laptop seems to slow down during heavy multitasking with high write rates, such as transferring files and installing software.
The MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXR-426 9S7-16R412-426 offers an excellent price-to-performance ratio for budget gaming. With a tag near $1000, it is a fair-choice gadget for occasional gamers.