Seen as the base version of the new line of Surface laptops, the SLZ tries to fill the void between all-around workhorse and a place to enjoy the little things. The base version comes with the latest i7 processor and is still powerful having 32GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. It also comes with a detachable 15inch screen whilst those looking to enjoy gaming will benefit from a Nvidia GTX 1660 GPU configuration.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Other Features: Detachable screen, Nvidia GTX 1660 GPU
- With a display ratio of 3:2, you get an array of colours that are brought to life on screen. This will please anyone looing to enjoy viewing media and playing games as everything is brought to life in full HD.
- This goes hand in hand with the inclusion of a Nvidia GTX 1660 GPU ensuring that most games will run effortlessly on the system. With the 3:2 format accentuating these features, it makes an impression on even the keenest of gamers.
- When using the keyboard and trackpad, you generally get precise feedback making it relatively straightforward to use at all times. It will certainly help anyone looking to complete basic tasks in a timely fashion.
- Microsoft have seemingly ignored some of the needs to include other connection ports aside from the basic USB slot. There is still no Thunderbolt 3 port included on the Surface which will hinder any attempts to include 4k media on the device.
- Despite having the ability to remove the screen from the keyboard, the hinge mechanism to detach and reattach is difficult to use. It can be clunky and take longer than expected which may put some users off.
With good media features, the SLZ will please anyone looking to use it as a place to enjoy their favourite films and games, However, the awkward handling and lack of connectivity may give more conventional users lingering doubts about the new Surface.