LG have put a lot of development into their lightweight laptops in recent years and the LG Gram 15 is the latest to join their product range. The Gram is powered by an i7 processor and comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It comes with a 15.6in IPS screen and is surprisingly lightweight weighing in at just 1kg altogether making it one of the lightest laptops.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8GB RAM
Display: 15.6in IPS
Other Features: Intel UHD 620 GPU
- The lightweight nature of the Gram makes it ideal for transportation and easy to store. It weighs just 1kg making it an ideal companion on long journeys or for anyone needing a laptop to take with them on the daily commute.
- The battery life on the Gram has an excellent lifespan and comfortably last all day when on a long journey. The battery has been clocked lasting 12-14 hours without the need to be plugged in with the figures depending on just how much someone uses their device.
- LG have improved the webcam from previous editions of the Gram and have now made it much better suited for use in chats and conferencing. The 720p camera is now located above the screen and gives images good enough for contacting friends and co-workers without any major issues.
- With just 8GB of RAM and 256 of storage, this laptop is less than ideal for heavy gaming. These specs will allow it to run games that do not have high-end graphics without major issues but will struggle to run games that require a lot of power to showcase their true strengths.
- Like some other manufacturers, LG like to include a bunch of pre-loaded programmes as part of their overall package. Unfortunately, a lot of this software is unnecessary and takes up vital storage space on a device not known for its power.
The LG Gram might not be the most powerful laptop around but its fantastic battery life and excellent ease of access makes it the perfect workhorse for your day to day routine.