The LG B9 has a stellar picture quality, second only to LG’s more costly OLED TVs among the models we’ve reviewed. It delivers perfect black levels, superb uniformity, large viewing angles, accurate colour, and an awesome bright-room picture.
Its striking style features a super slim screen. Adds HDMI 2.1 features and support for the missing versions of Amazon Alexa and Apple AirPlay 2.
Check out the latest price or better alternatives for LG Electronics OLED55B9PLA.
LG OLED55B9PLA TV Specifications
- Display technology: OLED
- LED backlight: N/A
- Resolution: 4K
- HDR compatible: HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Smart TV: WebOS
- Remote: Motion
- The selection of connections is top-notch. Unlike other Samsung packages, this one still has an analogue video input for legacy (non-HDMI) users, although it no longer supports analogue video components.
- New for 2019, there is a dedicated headphone/analogue audio output and WISA wireless audio support.
- OLED is going to OLED. With both HD SDR and 4 K HDR sources in bright and dark spaces, the LG B9 reproduced the perfect black level and the superb contrast, uniformity, and out-of-angle viewing I’ve come to expect from all OLED TVs.
- Its image has all that high-contrast OLED goodness, beating every non-OLED TV I’ve tried, including Samsung and Vizio models.
- It was hard to see any difference in my side-by-side comparisons between B9 and the more expensive C9 OLED TV.
- The B9 was slightly dimmer and had a little better job of cleaning up some low-quality video.
- It isn’t as bright as LCD TVs
- The 2019 B9 is not as bright as the C9 I tested, and the HDR difference of a few hundred nits was evident in side-by-side testing but did not make a big difference.
- Considerably expensive
LG’s entry-level OLED TV offers flagship picture quality, making it the best high-end TV option available.
Check out the latest price or newer variants for LG Electronics OLED55B9PLA.