The Lenovo V130-15IKB comes with a full-sized display, enough performance to power the average user, and surprisingly even an optical drive, which you don’t see anymore.
The Lenovo V130 15IKB has a pretty standard design, with the only bit of flair being the addition of red on some of its parts. This can be seen on the logo, on the hinges for opening up the laptop, and even some light trimming around where one would grab it to lift it up. The grey coloured plastic is nothing fancy either, but it sure does its job at keeping the laptop light.
Lenovo has also kept their tried and authentic design of having both touchpad and mouse buttons below the keyboard on this model, making them easy to reach for anyone no matter what they are doing. The only downside with this is that some will find them a bit cramped or might not be a fan of the fact that they are both touchpad and mouse buttons instead of dedicated ones.
Lenovo is known for having consistent keyboards, and this model is no exception. It’s got an excellent feel to it, with enough travel, you can type fast without accidentally hitting the wrong keys. The backlighting is a bit dim, but at least it’s consistent.
The manufacturer has included a very nice display on their V130-15IKB model. While the 1,366×768 pixels might be a letdown to some users who are used to higher resolution screens nowadays, it should do just fine for word processing and surfing the web.
Unfortunately, Lenovo has decided to keep the same display size but decrease the quality, so this model only comes with a standard 15.6-inch 1366×768 pixels screen. While it still is effortless on the eyes under almost all conditions, some users might be disappointed that they can’t see more on-screen at once or by the lower resolution.
Lenovo has included a speedy 256 GB SSD on their V130-15IKB model, both good and bad. While this means that files will open quickly and users won’t be looking at spinning beachballs all too often, it also means that there isn’t a whole lot of storage space.
Lenovo promises a full day of battery life, which is about 8 hours out of the box. Let’s see how much it lasts!
Below we will review some of the key benefits and downsides to this model to find out just how well it stacks up to the competition and help you decide if it might be the right choice for your next purchase.
Lenovo V130-15IKB 81HN00NGUK Specifications
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Screen: 15.6 Inches
- OS: Windows 10
- Processing power is essential on any new laptop, and this model strikes the perfect balance between power and affordability. The Intel Core i5 may not have the same credibility as the more powerful i7 but still packs a decent punch at a lower cost.
- The 256 GB SSD provides excellent performance while also giving users a decent amount of storage space.
- For some, this might be a downside, but for those that still use physical media, the addition of an optical drive is a big plus.
- With multiple USB 3.0 ports available, you should have no problem finding options for all your external high-speed devices.
- This laptop is a bit on the heavy side, even for a full-sized 15.6-inch model. It weighs 1.8 Kg, so it might be a bit bulky for those who are on the go often.
- It does not include a dedicated graphics card and instead is just a primary integrated option. This will not handle high-end gaming very well, as modern games have high graphic demands
- With an estimated 6 hours of battery life, staying on the go for extended periods may be difficult.
The Lenovo V130-15IKB is an all-around solid laptop for those who want a full-sized display and enough performance to power most applications. It isn’t suitable for gamers or highly mobile people due to its heavy design and lack of a dedicated graphics card.
Lenovo V130-15IKB 81HN00NGUK is a decent choice if you are looking for an affordable laptop with good general performance and don’t care too much about having a splash of colour. It won’t blow anyone away feature-wise but will do just fine as long as it fits within your budget.