Huawei Watch GT 2e 55025279 looks and sounds like a smartwatch, but it’s a real fitness tracker in disguise. Running Huawei’s barebones LiteOS operating system, there is no support for third-party apps. Instead, you get activity and sleep monitoring, continuous heart rate monitoring, and GPS. It’s well suited for outdoor exercise, thanks to its scratch-resistant case and sporting modes such as trail running and climbing. However, it’s a good choice if you want the functionality of a smartwatch-style fitness tracker, as long as you don’t expect too much.
Display: 1.39 inch AMOLED
Third-party app: Not supported
- The Huawei Watch GT 2e 55025279 is surprisingly rugged due to its sleek design.
- Its stainless steel case and ceramic bezel are wrapped in a carbon coating, making it scratch-resistant even in extreme environments.
- With a waterproof rating of 5 ATM, you can wear it in the shower and in the pool.
- The Watch GT is powered by the Cortex-M4 ARM processor and features an accelerometer, a gyroscope, a heart rate sensor, a magnetometer, an ambient light sensor, a barometer, and a GPS. There is no NFC or Wi-Fi.
- Huawei’s Watch GT 2e 55025279 is running, which is compatible with Android and iOS devices. However, you can view text messages, app alerts, and reject calls from your phone. The OS runs smoothly most of the time, and apps load quickly.
- There’s only a slight lag when you scroll through the menu, but it doesn’t ruin the experience.
- While the operating system is easy to use, it looks outdated and there’s really not much you can do with it when it comes to smartwatch functionality.
- No third party app
- Big for small wrists
Verdict: The Huawei’s Watch GT is a decent fitness tracker. However, its size is not suitable for all wrists. Also, its GPS, durability, and long battery life make it a good companion for outdoor workouts.