If you’re looking for a standard 15.6-inch mid-range laptop option you might not find it much closer to exactly that than the all-new Huawei MateBook D 53011GHY. This laptop offers impressive but not over the top and expensive specifications along with some nice to have features that help separate it from some of its direct competition.
Below are some of the highlights as we go through its benefits and downsides to help you make an informed decision when deciding if you want to purchase.
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Screen: 15.6 Inches
- OS: Windows 10
- Its price is about as good as you could hope for a mid-range laptop option that includes a good set of specs
- It comes with the Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB of RAM which should easily power the average user’s workload
- A fingerprint reader has been included for added security
- Like most new laptops it comes with an SSD drive which is far superior to the older and slower SATA technology
- Has the ability with a simple tab to connect to your Huawei smartphone and be used as a single device, sharing internet connection along with displaying your smartphone screen on your laptop
- While the smartphone sharing technology is very interesting it unfortunately only works with Huawei smartphones
- The 256 GB SSD drive will have enough storage space for the average user but maybe lacking for those that store plenty of data on their systems
- Only comes with a basic integrated graphics card so is not a great option for those who like to game
- Does not have an optical drive
The Huawei MateBook D 53011GHY has some good performance and while it isn’t extremely light has decent battery life to keep those on the go moving. Its price tag is also attractive enough when considering the performance you get to be highly attractive to the average day to day user.