HP has recently entered the gaming laptop market in a big way with its Pavilion Power lineup. Today we will be looking at the all-new HP Pavilion Power 15-dk0020na.
This 15.6-inch Laptop is a more mobile-friendly version of its gaming laptop as it lacks a big but bulky 17-inch display. Below we will review some of its key benefits and downsides to see just how well it stacks up.
HP Pavilion Power 15-dk0020na Laptop Specifications
- Processor: Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Screen: 15.6 Inches
- OS: Windows 10
- When it comes to processing power, the Intel Core i7 has plenty of it.
- No matter if it is for gaming or just high-end business use it is ready to handle whatever you want to throw at it
- SSD drives are superior due to their faster read and write times, along with lower power consumption.
- One of the drawbacks we see with some SSD drives is a lack of space, but this model comes with 512 GB which should be sufficient for most users
- Gaming laptops tend to be on the heavy side, and while this model is slightly more than a traditional 15.6-inch model at 2 KG, it is still light enough to be your go-to for on the go
- You can’t be considered a gaming laptop without a high end dedicated graphics card, and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti has 6 GB of dedicated memory and can handle the latest games with ease
- This Laptop is big in specs in most areas but lacks a large amount of system memory at just 8 GB.
- If you run into performance bottlenecks, this is probably the culprit
- You will not find any nice to have features such as a touchscreen or a 360-degree hinge on this model
- Not only is the memory limited to 8 GB of RAM it also only supports up to 8 GB, so upgrading in the future is not a possibility
This Laptop has plenty of power to handle most consumers’ gaming workload, but its biggest drawback is its lack of system memory. Seeing this at 16 GB would have been a big plus.