HP Inc, the PC and printer part of the former Hewlett-Packard, has updated its Pavilion Gaming collection. Laptops are positioned below their OMEN line and should provide a better value for money than something like OMEN 15.
The Gaming Pavilion 15 only comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPUs, with the RTX 20 series reserved for OMEN laptops.
The HP Pavilion 15-dk1019na model has an Intel Core i7-9750H processor and a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q GPU, the most potent variant of the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.
HP Pavilion 15-dk1019na Laptop Specifications
- Connectivity: 1 HDMI
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 home 64 bit
- Camera: Webcam HD
- Weight: 2.375 kg
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H
- The HP Gaming Pavilion 15 has a revamped case similar to that used by HP on the other Pavilion laptops. However, the HP pavilion 15-dk1019na review model bears a certain similarity to its predecessor, with the Gaming Pavilion 15 having a matte black plastic casing. HP calls this Shadow Black, which contrasts with a variety of green places, like the keyboard.
- The most striking design element is the air outlet.
- The Hp Pavilion 15 has a wide range of ports, including four USB 3.2 ports, including one Type-C Gen 2, which supports DisplayPort with a correct adapter. On the other hand, the three Type-A ports run on a slightly older Gen 1 model.
- There is also an HDMI 2.0 port, a 3.5 mm combination headphone and microphone jack, a Gigabit Ethernet port.
- No cables will prohibit you from using a wired or wireless external mouse.
- A significant disadvantage is that the device does not have a maintenance cover, and the battery can be removed. However, accessing the battery or other internal components requires the removal of the bottom case.
HP has fitted its control panel with a Realtek RTL8822BE Wi-Fi module. The chip supports all current Wi-Fi protocols up to 802.11ac and 4.2 Bluetooth.
The chip averaged over 600 Mb / s in our iperf3 Client Wi-Fi tests, thanks to its two antennas, which put it way above average for gaming laptops and at the same time as the Intel Wireless-AC 9560.
By the way, the Gigabit Ethernet chip is also from Realtek, specifically the RTL8168/8111 band.