Asus have constantly improving their laptop offerings in previous years and the ZenBook 14 UX434FL is no exception to this. The laptop is powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and comes with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of memory. It also comes with a 14in backlit display and has been given a secondary screen built into the touchpad to help keep background apps running as well as helping alter basic settings and options for the laptop.
Processor: intel Core i7
Other Features: Dual-screen capability, Nvidia GTX 1660 Graphics Card
- The laptop has been designed to be used on the move and is light to carry. Weighing it at just 1.26kg, the aluminium body is easy to pack into a bag and is also robust enough to withstand any knocks during a journey.
- By including a screen on the touchpad, the ZenBook 14 is great for keeping multiple things open at one time. It can allow someone to respond to their emails whilst writing a document or easily alter media settings without having to pause a game or movie.
- With the inclusion of a Nvidia 1660 GPU, the ZenBook 14 can comfortably run most games without any framerate or heating issues. This will make it a good alternative for anyone who is not willing to fork out for a high-end gaming laptop
- Asus has upgraded many aspects of the ZenBook but there are still some issues with connectivity ports. There is still no Thunderbolt 3 port which will disappoint anyone hoping to enjoy 4k on their laptop.
- Whilst the ScreenPad is a nice feature, it has a massive impact on the battery life of the laptop. When using it for a long period of time, it can quickly drain half the battery in just a couple of hours so keep an eye out when using the feature
Despite the slight issues with battery life, the ZenBook offers all someone may need from a laptop regardless if it is for personal or professional means.