We review plenty of budget models and high end models on this website but today we will be looking at one that falls somewhere right in the middle. That model is the Asus VivoBook X512FA-EJ587T. It features a 15.6 inch screen and doesn’t have enough performance to be called high end but is easily a step above what many of the budget laptops offer. Below we will review some of the key benefits and downsides.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
- While the Intel Core i5 isn’t the most flashy processor it is still very capable while being a bit more budget friendly than the higher end i7 and i9
- The SSD helps give this laptop a nice boost in performance due to its faster read and write times and still offers a decent amount of storage space at 256 GB
- With a couple of USB 3.0 ports available you will have room for all your high speed external devices
- The full sized screen means you don’t have to get used to a smaller display and will have plenty of viewing area
- The processor is quite capable but memory is surprisingly low on this model with only 4 GB available. If you are to run into a bottleneck performance wise this would be the area of concern
- It isn’t overly light as it tips the scales at 1.7 KG
- You won’t find any of the new nice to have features like touch screen or the capability to convert from a laptop to tablet on this model
As you can see above this laptop isn’t going to wow you with impressive specifications but for the average user it still has enough performance to get you through the day while also being priced quite well.