If you are looking for a compact, friendly, day-to-day device that would be easy to carry even on long trips, then you might want to consider the Asus VivoBook X412DA-EK012T. With a 14 inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) with minimal bezels around it, full-size backlit keyboard, and reasonable weight, this device would be perfect for easy mobility and overall workflow performance. Below are its specifications, its unique benefits, its cons, and finally, our verdict on this device.
Processor: 8th generation Intel Core i5-8256U processor
Memory: 8GB of RAM
Storage: 512GB SSD
Screen: 14.0″ (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920×1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel with 45% NTSC with wide 178° viewing angles
Weight: 1.5 kg with battery
- This system has an ErgoLift hinge design that allows the base of the laptop to be elevated by 2-degrees. This allows for more convenient typing and longer typing hours. The lip of the laptop has to be opened to 135-degrees before the elevation can be achieved
- Typing is more convenient with the keyboard’s key travel distance at 1.3 mm and a backlight, making it usable even in dim-lit spaces.
- The use of plastic in its overall construction makes the laptop reasonably compact and lightweight (1.5kg, including its battery). It can fit easily into a backpack and can be carried conveniently on the one hand. It would be suitable for students or workers always on the move.
- It has a reasonable set of I/O port options on both sides. These options include one of each of USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 2.0 Type-A, 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI, and a microSD card reader.
- Battery life is not as sufficient as other laptops, lasting only up to about 5 hours.
VivoBook 14 is powerful enough for all big tasks and even some light gaming due to its quad-core Processor and its dedicated GPU.