Asus TUF FX705DT-H7116T is one of the best laptops in gaming. It provides a 17.3 inch HD display with an excellent processor speed. It provides a 516 GB SSD which helps in installing more applications and software to the laptop.
- Display diagonal: 17.3 inch
- Processor: 3550H 2.1 GHz
- Internal memory: 8 GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
- A co-production from AMD and Nvidia.
- The hardware spec, comprised of a Ryzen 5 3550H APU and GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, is able to fluidly play all modern and current games on its 17.3-inch, full HD IPS display.
- The laptop has comparatively low energy consumption and only gets moderately warm.
- In its favour are also an NVMe SSD, an additional HDD and very good battery life.
- Not so good is the somewhat miserly connectivity included.
- Display response times show how fast the screen is able to change from one color to the next.
- Slow response times can lead to afterimages and can cause moving objects to appear blurry (ghosting).
- Gamers of fast-paced 3D titles should pay special attention to fast response times.
Asus has equipped the FX705DT with a Ryzen 5 3550H (Picasso) APU from AMD, which has a TDP value of 35 watts. The APU is not quite able to match Intel. The performance difference is more noticeable in the single-threaded benchmarks compared to multi-threaded. The Intel CPUs here benefit from their 10-watt higher TDP.