Asus TUF FX505DY-BQ009T is an affordable option for those who want to do some gaming on their laptop without breaking the bank. Below we will review some of its key benefits and downsides to see a worthwhile investment.
When you’re looking to buy a laptop, many things need to be taken into consideration. One of the most important is power and performance, especially if you plan on using it for gaming or other high-intensity tasks.
FX505DY-BQ009T is a full-sized laptop that features the AMD Ryzen processor along with a powerful enough graphics card to be your go-to when gaming as well.
User reviews suggest that you purchase this laptop if you’re after something affordable but still want enough power and speed to do intensive tasks like gaming without slowing down too much when multitasking or handling multiple programs.
Many options are available when shopping for a new laptop, but not all can provide what you need in speed and power. Some will offer great graphics cards, while others may have top-of-the-line processors, but few can deliver both at an affordable price point.
The Asus TUF FX505DY-BQ009T is one such machine that provides everything needed for a smooth experience, whether playing games or just doing everyday tasks like web browsing and word processing. Even better, this laptop won’t cost you nearly as much as some of its competitors, so it’s perfect for those who want something powerful without breaking the bank.
Asus TUF FX505DY-BQ009T Laptop Specifications
- Processor: AMD Ryzen R5
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Screen: 15.6 Inches
- OS: Windows 10
- The AMD Ryzen R5 is powerful enough to handle the demand from most users while also being more price-friendly than a typical Intel, making it a good choice for the budget-minded consumer.
- The AMD Radeon RX560X includes 4 GB of dedicated memory, which is enough to handle the requirements of most modern games quite well.
- It includes an SSD drive, so you get the added performance of faster read and write times.
- If you like the idea of upgrading your laptop in the future, the fact that it can support up to 32 GB of memory is a big-time plus.
The best thing about Asus TUF FX505DY-BQ009T is that it doesn’t cost a fortune. Its price is surprisingly low when you consider that it comes with an AMD Ryzen processor and a powerful Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card. It’s almost unbelievable to think about what type of performance you get for the price point.
On top of great performance power, this machine also offers an HD display that is clear, bright and sharp enough for multimedia like streaming movies or videos on YouTube.
It also comes with 1-year accidental damage protection, which means you get to enjoy the laptop worry-free while knowing that if something happens to it, Asus will repair it at no additional cost.
- With 8 GB onboard that comes with purchasing this laptop, it might not be enough for some gamers and may get crowded quickly if you plan to install many programs at once or play games like CS: GO, which require high graphic settings. Thankfully, you can upgrade the memory because 8 GB is not enough for a laptop marketed as a gaming option.
- It is on the heavy side for a 15.6-inch model tipping the scales at 2.2 KG, so it isn’t as mobile-friendly as other options available.
- It does not include things like touchscreen technology or an optical drive.
The biggest drawback is the battery life, which is not as good as some other options we’ve seen. We recommend Asus TUF FX505DY-BQ009T for those who want a laptop they can take out and about that still has enough speed and power to run most games at an acceptable rate.
When it comes to performance, the Asus TUF FX505DY-BQ009T isn’t going to compete with the high end and expensive gaming laptops currently on the market, but it does have enough to give still the budget-minded gamer an option to enjoy the latest games.
Its price tag is much lower than many of the gaming laptops currently available, so that it may be a good choice for the gamer on a budget.
This is not the best gaming laptop you can buy right now, and there are better options available if you want to play games at high settings.