Acer have long been considered one of the top budget laptop manufacturers in the last few years and they are looking to build on this success with the release of the new Chromebook Spin 13. It is powered by an Intel Core i3 processor and comes with just 4GB of memory and just 32GB of storage. It has a 13.5in screen which also has touchscreen capabilities to make it an ideal companion for taking it too and from work.
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4GB RAM
Display: 13.5in display
Other Features: Weighs 1.5kg, has 3 USB-C ports
- One of the best features of the Spin 13 is that the screen is exceptionally clear and gives a very crisp feature. It has a 3:2 ratio allowing for good visibility from a host of different angles regardless if it is being used for business, gaming or watching movies.
- The Chromebook Spin is another device that is good to take with you whilst going to and from work. It can last for over 10 hours before it needs to be charged again and its small screen makes it easy to store inside a bag or briefcase
- For a small laptop, the Spin 13 is easy to use and has quick response times. The keyboard is well laid out and easy to use whilst the trackpad offers precise movements as does the touchscreen features when either used with a stylus or your fingertip.
- With just 32GB of storage and 4GB of memory, it certainly is not the most powerful device you could opt for. Anyone looking to use this for gaming will likely suffer some lag time as would anyone looking to store excessive amounts of media such as large film or music collections.
- Weighing it at 1.5kg, it is certainly one of the heavier small laptops available today. This may prove a hindrance when looking to travel in a hurry or if you would want to use it in an environment where weight limits come to attention such as on a plane.
It may sit at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of power and features but the Chromebook Spin 13 is easy to use and has good battery life which makes it a good companion to take with you on the daily commute.