Could Acer Chromebook Spin 13 CP713 1WN be your next laptop or your next tablet? Chromebooks are great and have been getting better over time, but they’re still limited in their functionality. Check out one of the most versatile Chromebooks on the market today.
In the past 24 months, Google has been rolling out laptops that use Google’s Chrome OS. At this point, people were more or less able to get familiarized with how this new operating system works but is it really a good alternative to Windows or Mac? Well, that mostly depends on what you use it for.
Fortunately, there is now a solution! You can easily install Linux onto any Chromebook by putting in an additional SSD drive and following a simple guide. Once installed there will be nothing stopping you from running Windows 10 alongside Chrome OS whenever necessary.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U
- Memory: 8GB Storage: 64GB eMMC storage
- Screen: 13.5inch Touchscreen Panel (4:3 aspect ratio)
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Battery Runtime: 8 hours
- It comes with a great stylus that pairs well with its tablet mode. You would be able to do a lot of tasks that a normal laptop couldn’t do. It also has an overall premium finish that would really depict how expensive it is.
- It has a bright resolution display equipped with Gorilla Glass for the touchscreen and the touchpad, diamond-cut edges, an anodized aluminium chassis which gives it a premium finish and helps with power dissipation.
- It has a 3:2 aspect ratio which means it is perfect for browsing web content and the overall optimization of the Chrome OS.
Chromebooks are great for those who want a light, affordable laptop that doesn’t compromise on performance or features. The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 is no exception to this rule, with its stylish good looks and powerful Intel Core i3 processor.
However, the fact remains that using Chrome OS can feel limiting at times. If you need to run an application that isn’t available in the Google Play store then you will have to switch back over to Windows 10 (which comes pre-installed) every time you need it. This can be a real pain if your work depends on being able to use certain applications regularly.
- Although the 3:2 has its benefits, it doesn’t do well with video streaming as most videos are now produced with a 16:9 or 18:9 aspect ratio which means you would see black bands which blend with the relatively large bezels.
- Windows users would have a relatively hard time in adjusting to the new OS environment.
- Chrome OS promotes cloud-based storage and they only included 64GB flash storage so you would have a hard-working offline with it.
If you want to use a laptop for more than just web browsing and word processing, then you need something that can handle the heavy lifting of complex programs like Photoshop or Microsoft Office.
The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop that has the power to be your main workstation without sacrificing portability. With an Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM, this machine is ready for anything from gaming to video editing – it even comes with 100GB of Google Drive cloud storage so you don’t have to worry about losing files when travelling between home and office! It weighs only 3 pounds so it’s easy on your back too!