It seems lately that low-end budget models have moved aside for more popular mid-range options as people realize that buying the cheapest available laptop is not always the best idea.
With this review, we are looking at one of the latest mid-range options to hit the market, which is the Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 NX.A1FEK.005. This 15.6-inch model has some great mid-range specifications that we will look at below in more detail as we go over its benefits and downsides.
Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 NX.A1FEK.005 Specifications
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
- Screen: 15.6 Inches
- OS: Windows 10
- The nice full-sized 15.6-inch display gives you plenty of viewing area with its HD display gives you good picture quality when streaming or just doing day to day tasks
- Has above-average storage compared to other models in this price range due to the large 1 TB SSD hard drive
- The Intel Core i5 processor may not give you the same wow factor as the i7 but is much more budget-friendly while still performing at a high level
- 4 USB 3.0 ports available, while many others only have 2 or 3
- Includes Dual-Band Wi-Fi for better wireless speeds
- Isn’t all that light even for a full-sized laptop model, so it may not be the best option for those heavily on the go
- It only comes with an integrated graphics card, so it will struggle to meet the demands of most modern games that are very graphic intensive
- It would have been nice to see more than just the basic 8 GB of RAM; this may have an impact on users who do heavy multitasking
- No optical drive is included
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 NX.A1FEK.005 is a nice full-sized laptop for those who want average to slightly above average performance at a reasonable price. Those who want plenty of storage space will also love the large 1 TB SSD drive that comes with it.