Looking for a budget everyday laptop? The Acer Aspire 1 (A114-32) is the laptop for you! Measuring 13.5 x 9.6 x 0.7 inches, this slim and compact laptop boasts itself for having a 14-inch, 1080p screen resolution for the low price of $250. Powered by Intel Pentium Silver N5000, Acer Aspire 1 is loaded with 4GB of DDR4 memory, with an additional 64GB of eMMC flash memory. Below is our review of some of the most important benefits and downsides to this model to see if it might be right for you.
Processor: Intel Celeron N4000.
Memory: 4GB DDR4, 2133MHz
Storage: 64GB SSD
Screen: 14.0”, HD (1366 x 768)
– Laptops under $400 are expected to have sluggish performance as compared with its high-end counterparts. But Acer Aspire 1 changed our perception of the capabilities of budget laptops. Loaded with an Inter Celeron N4000 CPU and 4GB of RAM, this laptop is perfect for everyday tasks.
– With a 1080p display and 14-inch screen size, it is great for watching your favorite movie and binge-watching on your favorite online streaming provider.
– Weighing only 3.3 lbs, Acer Aspire 1 is one of the lightest laptops in the market. Perfect for students and professionals who wants to be productive on-the-go.
– Acer Aspire 1 comes with Windows 10 Home operating system
– Soldered on RAM in this laptop means you may not have the opportunity to expand its memory capacity.
– Although small and compact, the plastic built of this laptop does not inspire much confidence, flexing under the slightest pressure.
– Lasting about 6 hours and 31 minutes when fully-charged, Acer Aspire 1 landed below-average results than the laptops within the same price range.
With its compact built and 1080p resolution, this laptop is best for students and professionals alike for everyday tasks. Unfortunately, we cannot recommend this laptop for gamers and media professionals.