The VG279Q 27” 16:9 144 Hz, FreeSync IPS Monitor from Asus, is built with many gaming-friendly features to provide you with a better experience. These features include AMD FreeSync support, a fast 1ms (MPRT) response time, and a 144 Hz refresh rate. Since it’s built with an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, this monitor offers vivid colors and wide 178° viewing angles. Thanks to its versatile stand, you can easily adjust it to fit your viewing preferences.
Screen size: 27 inches
Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
Brightness: 400 cd/m2
Weight: 5.58 kg
- ASUS VG279Q is fast, boasting a 1ms response time (MPRT) to eliminate smearing and motion blur. There’s also the ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) Technology to make objects in motion look even sharper, so gameplay is more fluid and responsive.
- With an astonishing 144Hz refresh rate, fast-moving visuals pose no problem for VG279Q. There’s no frustrating lag, so you get the upper hand in first-person shooters, racers, real-time strategy, and sports titles.
- Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync) technology delivers the smoothest, fastest, and most breathtaking gaming visuals imaginable by eliminating screen tearing and choppy frame rates and minimizing display stutter and input lag.
- ASUS VG279Q is specially designed for long marathon gaming sessions. Its ergonomically-designed stand lets you adjust the tilt, swivel, pivot, and height of the monitor, so you always find your ideal viewing position. It can also be VESA wall-mounted to fit in any limited space.
- ASUS VG279Q gives you superior images with striking colors thanks to an astounding 1,000:1 contrast ratio. Wide 178-degree viewing angles ensure minimal distortion and color shift even when you’re viewing from extreme positions.
- Asus Shadow Boost enhances dark scenes without overexposing brighter areas for better visibility, allowing you to spot enemies that may be hiding.
- Asus GameVisual technology features multiple applications and game-optimized profiles, including ones for Cinema, MOBA, RTS/RPG, and more.
- Limited 1080p resolution.
- Mediocre dark room performance.
The ASUS VG279Q is a good monitor for most uses. The motion looks outstanding thanks to the high refresh rate, fast response time, and flicker-free backlight.