While only a marginal upgrade of the popular 2019 model, the updated 2020 Acer Predator Helios 300 remains one of the best-value mid-range performance/gaming notebooks of this generation. The sturdy build, uncompromised screen options, excellent gaming performance, and thermals are among its main selling points, alongside its aggressive pricing. Too bad this is not available with AMD hardware, though. It comes in a stunning appearance that makes a statement wherever it is placed. This PC also comes with the latest technological innovations making it suitable for modern computing activities, most especially gaming and streaming.
Processor: Intel Comet Lake Core i7-10750H
Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM
Storage: 1TB SSD
Screen: 15.6 inches
- The Acer Predator Helios comes at a very good price. It also offers good value for money; this is because its various features are commensurate of its asking price.
- Another amazing benefit of this Predator is it’s fast and quiet with NumPad and 4-zone RGB Lighting. The keyboard is powered by a beautiful backlit that is distributed in four zones. This feature not only illuminates your keyboard but also gives it a beautiful and stunning appearance.
- This PC has a very well-balanced performance when it comes to thermals and noise on the Normal profile. You rest assured of no overheating and a noiseless performance even with a rigorous use such as non-stop gaming. It is made to last.
- If there is a need to upgrade or repair, this machine easy to open up. More storage can be easily added if the need arises. So, you can rest assured of ample storage space for large files.
- The audio quality is poor
- It has just a 58 Wh battery which may not be suitable for its other specifications
- It has no biometrics, card-reader, or USB-C video/Charging
The Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 is a high-performance laptop that is suitable for high-profile computing operations. If you do not mind its downsides like poor audio or absence of a USB-C port then, this PC might be what you need.