Most TVs use LED-backlit LCD panels these days, which are the most popular and inexpensive of all types of TV screens, but the limitations of technology can hold them back when it comes to results. OLED TVs, however, are very costly, and usually out of the budgets of most consumers. Luckily, there’s a middle ground-QLED or Quantum Dot LED TV. These televisions aim to bridge the gap between LED and OLED by providing an enhanced LED experience. 55-inch TCL 55C715 4 K QLED TV comes with Dolby Vision support and offers a better viewing experience at a price that’s just a hint higher than what many famous 55-inch LED TVs to do.
Screen Size: 50 inch
Screen Technology: QLED
Energy Rating: A+
Resolution: 3840 x 2160
3D Ready: No
Smart TV: Android TV
HDMI Ports: 3
Digital Tuner: DVB-T2/C/S2
- This is a standard size for premium TVs, and one that is perfect for most homes. The TCL 55C715 is large, but not too large; if you want a different size, the company also has 50-inch and 65-inch versions available in this series. Thanks to a metal frame around the screen, the TV looks fine.
- This TCL 55C715 has a 55-inch Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) QLED display and supports high dynamic range content up to the Dolby Vision level. Local dimming is also taking place, with 1,296 zones to allow for efficient dimming of the darker zones on the screen. For sound, there is a dual-speaker bottom recording system with 30W output, and sound formats up to Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD formats are supported.
- The benefits of the QLED screen can be seen from the get-go, and the TV provides an excellent all-round viewing experience with all kinds of content.
- Sluggish, humiliating user interface
- Below-performance with 720p and SD content
- Average sound quality, Dolby Atmos hardly makes any difference.
Although LED is the norm for most consumers, TCL’s latest C715 series has made it possible to consider a better form of TV without a significant price bump. At a price that is just a little higher than what similar-sized LED TVs are selling for, TCL offers the advantages of a 55C715 QLED screen.