Consumers looking for a large screen area in a small-screen laptop will find the 3:2 aspect ratio of Acer Swift 3 SF313-52 NX.HQWEK.002 much to their liking. Loaded with many modern features, the Swift 3 is an efficient model to consider for everyday work. We review the important specifications, benefits, and downsides to this model below before giving our verdict.
Processor: Intel Core i5-1035G4, Quad-core, with a base speed of 1.1 GHz
Memory: 8 GB LPDDR4 RAM
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen: 13.5 inches, with 3:2 aspect ratio that gives 18% more vertical reading space
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro G4 (optional Nvidia MX350)
– The 10th generation Intel Core processor and chipset deliver approximately 3x accelerated performance over previous generations.
– Slim, with less than 16 mm thickness and ultra-light at only 1.2 kg, makes the Swift S3 a highly portable device for professionals and students on the move.
– The two narrow bezels provide an impressive screen-to-body ratio of the 2256×1504 IPS VertiView Display, one of the best ratios in the screen-size class of 13.5 inches.
– The 56 Wh lithium-ion battery is larger than those similar-sized ultraportables. It is capable of lasting up to 16 hours in power-saving mode.
– At a lowly 1.1 GHz, the processor speed is not impressive by industry standards. The response time is relatively slow while multitasking.
– Although it comes with an optional, latest NVIDIA GPU, the Swift S3 is not a gaming laptop. The unusual 3:2 screen resolution struggles in running old games, while video-intensive modern games do not perform satisfactorily for want of a powerful graphics unit.
– The display is glossy, even though it’s not a touchscreen, and frequent panel flickering is uneasy on the eyes.
The overall value of the Acer Swift 3 SF313-52 NX.HQWEK.002, supported by its fair pricing, trumps its few quirks. It is a useful machine for everyday multitasking and runs quietly and coolly.