When it comes to the selection of a GPS tracking device, it will be tough to choose as a lot of them are available in the market. Germin instinct solar is a wearable that features pre-loaded tactical activities and all-day-stress tracking based on your heart rate variability. Garmin has crafted this watch to have a pretty decent battery life as well as manufacturing it to be water and shockproof. If a simple GPS running watch is what you are looking for, you should go for this bad boy as it was built to military toughness standards. Here are some reasonable benefits and downside of this device.
- Display size: custom (0.9”x0.9”), two-window (23 x 23mm)
- Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixel
- Compatibility: iPhone, Andriod
- Water Rating: 10 ATM
- Memory: 16MB
- Weight: 52g
- Chemically strengthened with night vision compatibility mode, the touchscreen backlight display and an on-screen dashboard tracks body activities all from the wrist and in-depth running metrics.
- The tracback routing feature navigates the same route back to start, and the built-in compass and barometric altimeter can keep tabs on altitude, air pressure and navigate a new route in the wilderness.
- Featuring GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo satellite network,, the watch tracks in more challenging environments than GPS alone and the stealth mode store and share GPS position and also disable communication and wireless connectivity.
- The Garmin GPS route on the explore app does not work like SATNAV as the watch only understand GPS points rather than the roads or trails.
Garmin instinct solar tactical is a pretty sizable investment that has all the sport-specific features to track every stride on the roads and packed with other sensors and technology to keep you connected with the rest of the day.