Fun fact, it seems like this year, ASUS will be selling a lot of new gaming notebooks. Like the ASUS ROG STRIX G17 (G712) which is an extended variant of the smaller version of the G512. The G712 comes with a wide 17.3′′ screen. There are two-panel options – 120 Hz and 144 Hz. A total of 240 Hz display with a response time of 3ms could also be expected. So even the basic model isn’t that basic with a refresh rate of 120 Hz. Just like the smaller version, the larger sibling comes with Intel Comet Lake-H CPUs with up to 8 cores and 16 threads. You can expect 5GHz boost clocks (that’s a single-core boost), a broad 45W TDP, and up to 12 MB cache capacity.
Standing screen display size: 17.3 inches
Resolution: 1080p Full HD pixels
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Processor Count: 6
RAM Size: 16 GB
- The ROG Strix 17 embraces streamlined architecture, providing a tremendous core experience for serious gaming and multitasking on Windows 10.
- Featuring the new 10th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU and GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GPU, it offers high FPS power that takes full advantage of a powerful 144Hz flash display.
- Intelligent cooling technologies such as liquid metal take output to a new level
- Space for a third SSD ensures that you can expand your capacity to take your entire collection of games everywhere you go.
- Built with gamers in mind, the RGB keyboard features spaced function keys for intuitive identification and dedicated hotkeys for quick access to key commands.
- Considerably expensive
Play at the pace of professional sports with an ultra-fast gaming screen up to 240Hz/3ms. The fast-burning 240Hz refresh rate allows a true high-FPS experience that makes the flow of fast-paced gameplay impeccably smooth. The 3ms grey-to-grey reaction time minimizes motion blur, making you better and more precise images for fast-moving targets. Get a grip on combat where rapid action and environmental consciousness are key to victory.