Razer has established themselves as one of the more reputable gaming laptop brands over the last few years and the latest incarnation of the Blade 15 is no exception. The W21 comes in as the base version of the new Blade range but that still comes with a 9th generation Intel i7 processor and has 16GB of memory as well as a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 GPU. It also comes with a 15.6in screen which supports both HD and 4k media.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB RAM
Storage: 2x256GB SSD and 1TBHDD
Other Features: Nvidia GTX 1660 GPU, Thunderbolt 3 ports
- If you like to plug-in extra peripherals, then the base version of the Blade will have you covered. It comes with no less than 4 different USB ports as well as a Thunderbolt 3.0 slot and even room for an Ethernet Cable.
- Razer machines have always impressed with their battery life and this is no exception. The W21 can last for up to around 6 hours before it cuts out giving it an advantage over much of the competition.
- The audio features available will no doubt please any gamer who likes to immerse themselves with their game. The speakers will pick up almost every sound loaded into a scene from different music layers to the sounds of animals hovering in a nearby alleyway.
- Despite the beefy specs, the W21 will get exceptionally hot when running high-end games. This can cause the laptop to push well above the 100F mark which is not ideal or any long gaming sessions
- In some situations, the display may not always showcase everything in the brightness that some people may want from a gaming laptop. With a brightness read of just 275 nits, it falls below the average readings which may disappoint those who enjoys all the details.
Despite the tendency to struggle with some of the more powerful games around, the Razer Blade 15 W21 is still ticks a lot of boxes for gamers especially as it is the base model of the range.