If you’re a fan of Microsoft’s very own Surface Novel, then it’s a lucky day for you to check out the Surface Book 2. This time, we’re going to check out Surface Book 2 HNN-00003, one of the rather heavily configured and more powerful versions. Let’s dive in there.
CPU – Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (8th Gen), 1.9 GHz
GPU – 2 GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Memory – 16 GB DDR3
Screen – 13.5-inch Quad HD+ IPS (3,000 x 2,000) with 10-point touchscreen
Storage – 1 TB SSD
OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Performance – Powered by the 8th Intel Core i7 processor. This quad-core processor is backed by 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB of SSD. The NVMe SSD is pretty fast making it load and work lightning fast. In short, it has a lot of power to handle even the most demanding jobs.
- GPU – comes with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU. Now that’s a very rare occurrence, as there aren’t many ‘convertibles’ available on the market that come with a dedicated GPU (now that I’m talking about it, only HP Envy x360 and Acer Aspire R15 come to my mind). Allows it not only to run newer (and seemingly strenuous) AAA games in Medium (or even higher for some) settings but also to use them for Medium (or higher) settings.
- Battery – The battery of 77.9 Wh (including both the monitor and the base) was able to live up to its name very comfortably. It was up and running almost 13-14 hours after a full charge under normal workload (like watching videos or surfing the web). The tablet itself was able to stay alive for almost one and a half to two hours after being removed from the keyboard base.
- It is not pocket-friendly.
- No Thunderbolt 3 – This model doesn’t even have a single Thunderbolt port. Although it comes with a USB-C port, it is not supported by TB3.
- No stylus – One important (but shocking) piece of truth is that even though it’s such a precious laptop, it doesn’t ship with a stylus. You’ve got to buy this $100 device separately if you really want it.
It’s not really a laptop for everyday use, to be honest. It would certainly be a waste to use such a powerful computer for day-to-day tasks. To be exact, it will be a perfect option for professionals like digital content developers or video editors. Recommended, if you can afford it.