The Lenovo Ideapad S540-15IML 81NG003NUK 15-inch all-rounder laptop takes the GTX 1650 Max-Q to a sleek, slim aluminium case and can draw attention. These include, for example, a bright, high-contrast display and a fast SSD. The S540 looks pretty sleek and stylish. This is due to the fairly slim style, the rounded corners throughout, and the predominant use of dark-gray aluminium finishing.
DD/SSD: up to 2000GB SSD + up to 1000GB HDD
RAM: up to 20GB
OS: Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, No OS, Windows OS, Windows 10
Battery: 70Wh, 52.5Wh
Dimensions: 358 x 245 x 19 mm (14.09″ x 9.65″ x 0.75″)
Weight: 1.80 kg (4 lbs)
Body material: Aluminium
- The Lenovo Ideapad S540-15IML 81NG003NUK IdeaPad achieves average SD card performance values measured with Toshiba Exceria Pro SDXC 64 GB UHS-II reference storage card which is good enough.
- The WLAN performance will remain within the average range and quite commendable.
- Bluetooth 4.2 is also available for communication.
- Since neither Acer nor Asus has a card reader, we compare it to other entry-level gaming notebooks. The significantly more expensive Dell shows what a fast SD card reader can do: more than twice as fast as the Omen and the IdeaPad.
- You cannot connect the IdeaPad S540 to the Internet via cable, as the corresponding RJ-45 port is missing.
- Absence of LAN connection or Thunderbolt 3 as there are only 3 USB slots, one of which is Type C.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to charge via USB-C.
As far as this laptop model is concerned, the Lenovo Ideapad S540-15IML 81NG003NUK is presented as stingy. Though, there is a full-size SD card reader is available.