The Acer Travelmate Spin B1 is a thin lightweight budget-friendly notebook with a few upscale features that make it more appealing than similar products at its £407.88 price tag. It comes with a good battery that can last about 12 hours on the average, after a full charge. This laptop is particularly designed to help students rapidly develop and soar above their educational challenges. We will examine the pros and cons of owning this gadget.
- Product Dimension (D×W×H): 21.1×29.1×2.335cm
- Product Type: Convertible Notebook
- Screen: 11.6 inches (29.46cm) LCD
- Display Resolution: 1920×1080
- Processor Model and cores: Intel Pentium N4200
- Processor Frequency: 1.10 GHz Quad-core
- Memory (RAM): 4GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage: 64GB eMMC
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 505
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Battery Average Run Time: 12 Hours
- Lightweight and very portable. The 2.335cm thick 11.6-inch convertible notebook is engineered to be compact and ultra-mobile. Weighing just 1.5kg, it can be carried for long without putting any physical strain on your back or shoulders.
- Long lasting battery. Featuring a 48 Watt Lithium Polymer battery, this budget PC can clock an average of 12 hours battery time. This means that for a half-day trip, you need not burden yourself with bringing your charger along.
- Flexibility of use. The Acer Travelmate Spin B1 allows you to work in four modes – laptop, tablet, stand and tent modes – all based on your preference. This feature is facilitated by its 360-degree hinge that lets you turn the laptop to your desired angle.
- Below average performance. With a 1.10 GHz Intel Pentium N4200 quad-core processor, the Travelmate Spin B1 will effectively carry out simple tasks but will most likely find it difficult to run demanding applications and execute high-end jobs. In the same vein, its 4GB RAM is easily overburdened with constant multi-tasking.
- Limited Storage. It features a 64GB eMMC storage, which isn’t sufficient to satisfy the needs of the average computer user. To supplement, an external storage may be considered.
- Low Graphics. This laptop is not cut out for handling the most elaborate graphics or for playing computer games. With its on-board Intel HD Graphics 505, the least sophisticated of modern games might not run on this system.
If you want a gaming laptop or one with superfluous storage and cutting edge processors, then look elsewhere. But if you are student or just the basic computer user on the lookout for a low-budget convertible notebook that can get the simple stuff done over an extended duration, look no further. With the Acer Travelmate B1 B118-RN-P9KY NX.VG0EK.004, you sure will get your money’s worth.