If your 5-year-old office laptop finally let you down and you’re trying to think about a good investment for a laptop for the next few years to come then you should probably check out the Asus Vivobook 15. It features some specific features that would improve the quality of life of the office worker.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 8565U Processor, Intel® Core™ i5 8265U Processor, Intel® Core™ i3 8145U Processor,
Memory: 4GB RAM (Expandable up-to 12GB Intel Optane)
Storage: 256GB SSD
Screen: 15.6” LED FHD IPS Panel Weight: 3.85 lbs (1.75 Kg) Battery Runtime: 8 hours
- The VivoBook features a “Nanoedge” bezel which Asus boasts as “pushes the limits of what’s possible and breaks new bounds”. That’s a bold claim from them but it actually looks pretty good and they even put in a camera considering how thin it already is.
- Asus has a new feature introduced called the “Ergolift” which they claim could make typing more comfortable for longer periods of time.
- It has a fingerprint sensor located at the upper right corner of the touchpad that lets you log-in faster than the traditional way.
- You would have to follow an expensive upgrade path to be able to achieve its full performance as it only comes with 4gb RAM which the system could mostly take all of it leaving nothing for your apps to run and fairly low storage space.
- Although the screen is advertised as FHD, according to some reviews for those who already have the actual device, the colors seemed washed out and dull so it might not be suitable for
those who would mainly buy a laptop for multimedia purposes. This shouldn’t be a problem for those who would simply want to crunch the numbers or type in your reports at the office.
- Several things lift the Asus VivoBook 15 out of the ordinary. Its separate narrow-format number pad will be a plus if you do a lot of spreadsheet work, and the clever ErgoLift system pushes the keyboard up at a comfortable typing angle.
The screen quality just has something lacking that others could offer better but overall, it’s a pretty good laptop.