Travel with ease and look good doing it with the Aspire 5’s thin, light design and sandblasted aluminum top cover. This slender laptop is just 17.95 mm thick and its smooth, tactile finish accentuates the cover’s premium feel and appearance. Your device stays at your side all day with up to 11 hours of battery life
Below we will review some of the most important benefits and downsides to this model to see if it might be right for you.
- Weight: 1.9 kg
- Color: Black
- RAM: 8 GB
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
- Exceptional Performance: Supercharge your laptop for work and play with an 8th Gen Intel Core processor and NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GPU. Apps load faster, graphics perform better and multitasking is more efficient with this powerful combination.
- Premium Looks and Mobility: Travel with ease and look great doing it with the Aspire 5’s thin, light design and sandblasted aluminum top cover. This slender laptop is just 17.95mm thick and its smooth, tactile finish accentuates the cover’s premium feel and appearance.
- The Power of Sound and Voice: Turn up the music with Acer Aspire 5 A515-54 NX.HGKEK.001, bringing you deeper bass and more volume through its innovative speaker design.
- A515 version has poor screen: It uses a basic TN type panel rather than IPS, which means it suffers particularly poor viewing angles.
- No keyboard backlight: The keyboard lacks this feature which is a major letdown.
- Cramped cursor keys which are uncomfortable for students researching.
The biggest compromise with this laptop, and its biggest surprise, is the screen. Its 15.6-inch size, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 1920 x 1080 resolution are all fine and dandy, but it’s the choice of LCD panel type that’s a letdown.