Just for context, the Dell G5 15 5590 305Y4 is a mid-tier gaming laptop. The build quality is excellent and not only that, but it feels like a high-quality laptop as well. Some of the premium gaming laptops will be super rigid, but they feel like they’re made of cheap plastic and it sucks right? But this is built well, it feels like metal, and it looks good too.
Processor: 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-8750H
Memory: 128GB NVMe SSD
Storage: 1TB HDD.
Screen: 15.6-inch, 1080p, 60Hz
– The hinge is one hand open, and there’s a tiny screen bubble when using it on your lap.
– The keyboard deck is solid.
– Dell nailed the build quality on this laptop. There’s a full-size keyboard with a number pad on the right if that’s your gem. The switches are suitable, a little bit shallow.
– Unlike most gaming laptops that fire the speakers down onto the table, these fire towards you from the front and that automatically makes these a bit more pleasant-sounding.
-The brightness is decent at 275 nits. Not the worst but the colour accuracy is quite weak, and if you’re a content creator, this won’t cut it. However, if you’re looking to game on this thing that shouldn’t be a concern for you.
– the CPU does get quite hot, it averages above 90 degrees, and it peaks at 100 regularly but it, doesn’t throttle too hard.
– the GPU will sit between 77 and 81 degrees depending on the game, and this is with the max performance thermal profile.
The Dell G5 15 5590 305Y4 as a whole is a pretty good laptop, and I think for a lot of people the sacrifices that they made to bring this down in price, so the trackpad and the speakers compared to the high-end laptops are completely non-issues because you got a mouse and a headphones.